SSAS Basics pre-conference day
I have the immense honor and privilege to have been selected to do a whole day of preconference on thursday October 16th at SQL Saturday Porto – Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida.
During this whole day of training I will give a thorough introduction to SQL Server Analysis Services together with some labs to get acquainted with the functionality available in this great product.
The agenda for the day will look something like that :
gets you kick-started using Analysis Services with most of the common operations that you
need to design your multidimensional databases.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
info that prepare you for the more advanced topics about creating multidimensional
- Enhancing a Cube
- Multiple measure groups
- Business Intelligence wizards
- Key Performance Indicators
- Calculation model
- Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
will provide an introduction to self-service business intelligence and PowerPivot.
- Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Self-Service Reporting
- Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
- Visualizing Data with Power View in Microsoft Excel
- Collaborative BI with Microsoft SharePoint Server
We will work together on labs and demos through out the day so take your laptop with a running SQL Server 2012 / 2014 , Excel 2013 and an instance of Analysis services Multidimensional.
Your attendance to the event will benefit in 2 ways. First of all you will hopefully learn one thing or two and all benefits from the pre-conference day will go to a local charity organization. So be sure to be there for some learning and good deeds.
SQL Saturday main event day
Is on Saturday 18th of October at the same place than the pre-conference. An awesome action packed day with lots of national and international speakers is waiting for you!!
Amongst others I can mention Enrique Catala, Oliver Engels and Tillmann Eiteblerg, Mark Broadbent, Cathrine Wilhemsen, Uwe Ricken and Lærte Junior (all the way from Brazil). What a line-up!!
I will present a variant of the session that I will present at the PASS Summit a few weeks later :
A tale of four wizards.
It is basically a fairy tale where 4 wizard with 4 different backgrounds fight on a Data visualization battleground to find out who is the best and runs with the “Power” title. 1 hour of data fun ahead – suited for all ages !!
So don’t remember to sign in for this day of great training on the website
Personnaly I will stay in Porto a whole week to have time to get acquainted to the city and to get the most out of my stay….really looking forward to it and to seeing you in Porto.