Category Community

Scripting SharePoint installation and configuration

Introduction This is the first post in a series of posts related to Mark Broadbent (B|T) and my preconference at SQL Saturday Cambridge on September 12th 2015. These posts are extracts of what you might expect from our whole day of preconference. Please have a look at Implementing Business Intelligence & SharePoint High Availability Solutions for more […]

PASS Summit 2015 – Early registration save 550 $

If you are considering going to Seattle from 27-30 October and attending this year’s edition of PASS Summit, now is the time to register as the price will go up in very few days. Until July 12th you can save 400$ on the registration fee. You can save 150$ more by using the discount code […]

SQL Saturday Denmark (#413) Schedule is live

After 2 weeks of moving sessions around and finding the best mix and match of DEV, BI, DBA, Azure and SharePoint content it is my pleasure to publish the schedule for SQL Saturday 413 which will be held in Copenhagen on September 19th at the IT university of Copenhagen. September 17th and September 18th are 2 […]

SQL Server 2016 CTP2 now available

The official Community Technical Preview 2 (CTP2) release build for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 is available for public download here. One week ahead of schedule ! Any feedback is greatly valued and can be submitted here. Enjoy !!

Cancelled : Big Data Hackathon Copenhagen May 22 and 23

Friday and Saturday 22 and 23 May was the original date for the Big Data Hackathon Copenhagen but, but, but… Due to the lack of registrations, which in turn is caused by the fact that: – It’s the Whit (Pinse, Pentacosta, Pentecôte…) monday’s weekend – Students are soon going to have examns – The sun is […]

SQL Saturday 413 news from the front

It is a lot of work to plan a SQL Saturday, and also a lot of  fun. The third edition of SQL Saturday in Denmark will be no exception. The team is already putting a lot of effort in finding and contacting sponsors, which luckily are often more than willing to contribute to the event. […]

Danish SQL User Group General Assembly

For many years, the Danish SQL Server User group (under the PASS umbrella) has been stagnating !! So much stagnating that other successful initiatives have started. Some of my fellow members and myself really want to reinvigorate this group, which had become more and more dusty over the years.  This is why we decided to […]

SQL Saturday Denmark 2015 #413 – We Love SeQueLs

This is not an hidden add for Giro 413 (an ancient danish radio program) But the proud announcement that SQL Saturday Denmark is back on track, alive and kicking, getting ready for a blast of an event. The whole team that brought you the 2 first events is now a lot of experience richer and […]

Speaking at SQL Konferenz 2015

In a few weeks I will be heading to Darmstadt (near Frankfurt) for speaking at the SQL Konferenz 2015. This is my first time speaking at this event but from what I’ve heard from the previous y:ear this is a great event. The event is organised by PASS Germany and some of my great community […]

Speaking at SQL BITS XIV – Superheroes

The 14th edition (actually it is probably the 13th since they skipped SQLBits XIII – Who said superstition ?) of SQL Bits will take place from the 4th to 7th March in London. This years edition is placed under the Superhero theme. It is my first time at the event and I really have great […]